At Optimum Pest Control, we are very mindful of protecting your privacy, and the information we collect from you. We like to make sure that you are confident and comfortable with supplying us with your personal information, and our ability to keep your information safe is a responsibility we take very seriously.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HELD
- Information such as name, address, and contact details including phone, mobile phone and email details are required so that we can provide customers with top quality pest management services. This can also include financial institution/credit card details which we use in our credit card and/or Ezi Debit payment portals for payments authorised by our customers.
- We will hold all information regarding customer service history, any correspondence and complaint details, as well as other related information as required by legislation.
- We do not collect or store any information that is not relevant to the delivery of our services to our existing or prospective clients.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do collect personal information you give us which includes:
- Information received during phone calls and via email
- Information from our websites (enquiry and contact forms submitted by you) or newsletter sign-on information received from you
- Information received from you while our technicians are delivering our services at your property/properties
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Protecting our customer's personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, modification, loss or disclosure is a high priority for our business. We safely dispose of any personal information that we no longer need, as often as possible. Our electronic records are maintained in secure data centres, and our physical records are kept secure from unauthorised access, and destroyed when we are no longer required to keep them.
We retain information for the periods required either by law, or until we believe it is no longer useful. We sometimes dispose of information without notice, and customers must keep their own separate information and not rely on us to retain this for them. Property information/history is maintained for a reasonable length of time, in line with our customer booking system retention abilities.
We do not store or transfer personal information to any other jurisdiction unless in accordance with Australian Privacy Laws.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIMARY PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
All customer/client personal information sought by Optimum Pest Control is used to:
- Provide the services you have requested;
- Undertake client surveys from time to time to determine your level of satisfaction with our services, with the aim of continual improvement; and
- Provide you with additional information about our services, various pests and products that we may be able to offer customers
- To provide you with updated payment options and various special offers as they become available.
SECONDARY PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We will not sell or rent your information under any circumstances.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, and other required information.
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible, and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website service.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This is known as "Log Data". This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
- Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website service.
- We send a session cookie to your computer when you log in to your User account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on the website during the same session, so that you don't need to enter your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
- We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your Content and account information. We encode our cookie so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. Users always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some parts of our Service may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
- Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. Whilst we do not regularly partake in the Google AdWords campaigns, we may do in the future.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217
- Facebook adheres the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform related services or to assist us in analysing how our service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. We may also email you to offer an annual follow-up service from Optimum Pest Control. For newsletters and other web-based marketing material you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
We may disclose personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Optimum Pest Control services.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to an Australian server where it is stored.
Optimum Pest Control
- P O Box 359, West Burleigh Qld 4219
- 61 7 5520 7171
- 61 415 068 171
A request for any access to information needs to include a full description of the personal information requested.
If making the request in person, you will be asked for two forms of identification, one of which must have a photograph on it. If you ask for information over the phone, we will ask you relevant questions so that we can verify your identity and your right to access the information requested. Your request for privacy information will be documented, as will details of the request and the identity of the person who gave it to you. You will not be charged for accessing your information, although a reasonable fee may be charged for requests that require a substantial amount of administrative effort, production cost and/or delivery cost. We will respond to you within 48 hours of receiving your request. We will do our best to provide the information requested within 6 working days.
- Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
- Your name and address;
- Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
- URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
- Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint to us, you can refer the complaint to the:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Phone: 1300 363 992
- Post: GPO Box 5218, SYDNEY, 2001
- Web: http://www.oaic.gov.au
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers or replace it with the Personal Information of the Children's parent or guardian.
END OF POLICY
This policy was updated on 21 September 2016 by Optimum Pest Control 2016